A High Nutrition Avocado and Kale Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies made with avocado, kale and other superfoods make it easy to get concentrated nutrition into your family’s diet.
They can also be a great way to have highly nutritious greens that don’t always lend themselves to simple recipes.
Using avocado in this recipe adds a creaminess, rich flavor, plenty of fiber and some potent nutritional properties.
Mixed with all the minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients in kale, along with banana and kiwi fruit, this makes for an incredibly energizing and very tasty green smoothie.
Make it up as a surprisingly filling and very healthy breakfast or as an afternoon pick me up to keep you going until dinner.
Avo Smoothie Ingredients
- Half a ripe avocado.
- A handful of organic kale.
- 1 medium sized banana.
- 2 kiwi fruit.
- Enough ‘milk’ of your choice to reach half as high as the ingredients in your blender. I much prefer this new Milkadamia over conventional cow’s milk with it’s hormones, antibiotics and gas causing lactose.
- A couple of ice cubes if you’d like it cold.
- 1 cup of diced papaya for many more health nutrients, along with proteolytic enzymes for digestive health.
- 3 tablespoons of fresh flaxseed meal increases the already high fiber content in this smoothie and adds essential omega-3 and estrogen controlling lignans.
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple gives extra antioxidants, vitamins and digestive enzymes. A good blender will handle the pineapple core so make sure you add it as it contains the most bromelain.
- A scoop of a nutrient rich green powder to boost your energy and cover a wide range of nutritional bases. This Organifi Green Powder review has the best one I’ve found.
How to Make a Kale and Avocado Smoothie
- To quickly make this kale and avocado smoothie first wash and push down the kale close to the blades of your blender.
- Next add your banana and yogurt.
- Top it off with the avocado, kiwi fruit and ice and any other optional ingredients you’ve decided to add.
- Blend it all up on high until this green smoothie is whipped smooth and creamy.
Kale, avocado and kiwi smoothies have a generous helping of vitamin C to help prevent oxidation, but it’s still best to enjoy them as soon as you finish blending.
If you find it too much to drink all at once you can freeze the remaining mixture for a delicious and healthy frozen shake for another time.
I’d appreciate hearing what you think of this avocado kale smoothie recipe and any other variations that you’ve tried. They are a simple way and enjoyable way to get a lot of nutrition into your diet.
This article may contain affiliate links to products I recommend. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.