A Carrot and Parsley Soup Recipe for Healthy Skin
I like my soups quick, simple and tasty, with as many superfoods as I can pack into them. This carrot and parsley soup really fits the bill.
Both parsley and carrot are excellent skin foods. But with the addition of garlic, turmeric and coconut oil, this soup is a really nutritious food for healthy skin.
- Four medium or six smaller organic carrots (Larger carrots often aren’t as tasty. Look for carrots
with a bright orange color and definitely organic as they can absorb pesticides and other toxic substances from the soil when grown conventionally).
- Two medium onions (Putting these in the freezer for ten minutes before chopping them up will help prevent tears).
- One tablespoon of organic extra virgin coconut oil (One of the healthiest oils available).
- One cup of organic flat or curly parsley leaves, washed and packed (Keep a sprinkling for garnish. The stalks can be kept aside and stored in the fridge to be used for parsley juice).
- Two teaspoons of high-curcumin turmeric (turmeric is an excellent antioxidant superfood – use it wherever you can).
- Two cups of MSG-free organic vegetable stock.
- Two to three cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Cracked black pepper to taste.
How to Make Carrot and Parsley Soup
Start by dicing up the carrots and steaming them in a steaming saucepan. Steaming is a far healthier way to cook carrots than boiling as it retains far more of the valuable beta-carotene and other nutrients.
While the carrots are steaming, chop up the onions and lightly fry them in the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat. Stir occasionally until they are soft and clear. Having a lid on the saucepan between stirring will speed this up and allow you to use less heat.
The carrots are ready in the steamer when a fork will go through them easily. Turn off the heat and add the parsley leaves for a minute to lightly wilt them on the carrots.
At the same time add the crushed garlic and turmeric to the onions and stir in gently for half a minute on low heat.
Spoon the carrots and parsley, followed by the bright orange onion mix and the 2 cups of vegetable stock into a good blender, like this excellent one I use in my kitchen.
Blend the ingredients up until smooth. If you’d like a lighter consistency you can add some water from the steamer saucepan.
The soup is hot and ready to eat straight from the blender into bowls. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley leaves and cracked black pepper.
This carrot and parsley soup is a very simple and tasty meal for healthy skin and better health in general.
There’s more on how having more parsley in your diet can help improve your appearance with Eating Parsley for Healthy Skin and Hair here .
This article may contain affiliate links to products I've researched and recommend. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to the consumer.